Music Unit's Professional Sharing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Music Unit's Professional Sharing

A virtual site to share on professional matters pertaining to Assessment, Pedagogy, IT and Trends of content development in music education (e.g. Asian Music).

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
suriati

Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change Empty
PostSubject: Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change   Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 5:34 am

Exclamation As I read this segment, I agree with the writer that music educators have the great responsibility in shaping students' musical experiences.
Razz With the current rapid musical growth in the classroom, teachers are required to be innovative in their approach. Even though teachers have limitations in concepts of musicianship and teaching ideas, they are expected to go out of their way to create and provide a 'more comprehensive avenues for students' musical participation.' This is because of the need to change and to make musical experiences more relevant and meaningful for students in today's music curriculum.
Wink To make changes more effective, I believe that teachers need support, especially from school leaders and partners in music education. Music educators can then help transform 'students' lives through music'.

Last edited by suriati on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MUS1
Admin
MUS1

Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change   Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:06 pm

suriati wrote:
Exclamation As I read this segment, I agree with the writer that music educators have the great responsibility in shaping students' musical experiences.
Razz With the current rapid musical growth in the classroom, teachers are required to be innovative in their approach. Even though teachers have limitations in concepts of musicianship and teaching ideas, they are expected to go out of their way to create and provide a 'more comprehensive avenues for students' musical participation.' This is because of the need to change and to make musical experiences more relevant and meaningful for students in today's music curriculum.
flower I agree with you and I think this is something that Ms Ho is referring to also today when she talked about "innovation" as one of the greatest driver for education. We should dig in and consider this pt earnestly.
Wink To make changes more effective, I believe that teachers need support, especially from school leaders and partners in music education. Music educators can then help transform 'students' lives through music'.
flower That's a very tall order, what can u do as a school leader in this time and age with all the competing priority? Nb Science/Maths/Language etc. education can also transform student's lives...

Back to top Go down
https://muse.board-directory.net

Reflection on Music Trs As Agents of Change
Page 1 of 1